Please share with a friend:
It’s the beginning of June and My Vacation Lady has been inundated with requests from honeymooners to plan their September and October honeymoons. Most of the how to plan your wedding books will tell you to plan your honeymoon about 3-6 months out. My Vacation Lady suggests 6-9 months. Why?
1. You will get the best availability in flights. With all the airlines cutting flights, if the one non stop flight a day to Aruba or Honolulu or Jamaica or Paris or Rome is booked up, the airlines aren’t going to add another just because you want to go to that destination on that specific day.
2. If you are looking for something unique and boutique-y and romantic, you might not be the only ones. Think boutique and think small. If a 26 room hotel only has 26 rooms, they won’t build a 27th because you are booking later than the other 26 couples.
3. Hotels want you to book early and they may entice you with an early booking discount. Early booking discounts can amount to significant savings.
4. You can pay off your honeymoon slowly rather than having to pay for it all at once.
5. Look how much longer you can brag to your friends and family about where you are going for your honeymoon!
All kidding aside, the earlier you can book your honeymoon, the better the chances are that you will get the flights, resort, room or itinerary that you want.
Just today, honeymooners were surprised when we had to tell them that there were no rooms left at the small resort in Aruba that they heard such great things about for their September honeymoon. Another couple wanted to go to Saint Lucia and was shocked when the room category they wanted was completely booked up.
Your honeymoon is likely the most important vacation of your lives.
My Vacation Lady has been helping honeymooners create their dream honeymoon experience since 1994 and 2012 has been our busiest year ever. Let us help you create your dream honeymoon- by calling us early enough to offer you the best, not what’s left.