Please share with a friend:
These tips were originally posted back in the 1990’s but they seem just as relevant today.
Consider the advantages of a backpack:
- It leaves your hands free so you can fumble around for your tickets and passport more easily.
- It usually has neat little pockets that are ideal for hiding dirty socks.
- It can often pass the carry-on-luggage test at airports.
- And you don’t have to put it down on wet dirty floors whenever (and however) nature calls
(Source: Paul Waters, Travel Editor, Montreal Gazette, May 1998)
A couple of more reasons:
- With all the pockets, there is plenty of room for your electronics and gadgets
- You don’t have to worry about the wheels getting caught in cobblestones, sand or cracks in pavement
- You can walk and text at the same time (or read a map, if you need to)
- They will typically fit under a bed, in a small closet or just on a chair to get it out of the way, when you are staying put for a few days.
If you travel with a backpack as your primary means of luggage, let us know your best tips and we’ll put them in another blog post.
My Vacation Lady can help plan a great vacation or honeymoon for you but when it comes to packing light—- that’s one area, we don’t fare well. While we have posted many great packing tips, sometimes, we wish we could really take our advice to heart and follow our own suggestions 🙂