Please share with a friend:
Since there is nothing fun, romantic or even exciting about travel insurance, why write a blog post about it?
Travel insurance has been swept under the table for years because travel agents didn’t want to ruin the client’s excitement about booking their vacation by bringing up travel insurance. But after the last couple of years with volcanic eruptions, blizzards and most recently Superstorm Sandy, being informed on travel insurance has become more important.
According to TODAY Travel Editor, Peter Greenberg, these are some good reasons to buy travel insurance:
Reasons to buy travel insurance
1. Your flight has been cancelled.
2. Your bags are lost and your medication is in it. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
3. Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
4. You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
5. You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
6. Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
7. You have a medical emergency in a foreign country.
8. A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit and you want to cancel your trip.
9. A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise.
He brings it home even better in an interview with Matt Lauer.