Please share with a friend:
Wow, this is a hard one to answer quickly because there are so many great islands in the Caribbean and each one is a bit different.
There is one thing that each island in the Caribbean has—- the Caribbean Sea. Yes, each island is surrounded by the beautiful waters of the Caribbean but what goes on beyond those beaches is very different.
According to an article by IndependentTraveler.com, these are islands that you should consider:
- If you are a hiker— consider Domincia
- If you are a foodie– try St. Barth’s (but there are also great restaurants in Barbados and Aruba)
- If you are wild about watersports, head to the British Virgin Islands but the same can be said for the US Virgin islands and so many more of the Caribbean Islands.
- If you want something Off the Beaten Path, try Saba– definitely one of the less touristy islands in the Caribbean
- If you want culture and history, try Puerto Rico. The same might be said for Cuba too.
- If you want the ultimate in romance, head to St Lucia. Definitely one of the more romantic islands with some of the most unique hotels.
- if you want an active night life, head to St Maarten. Aruba and San Juan can also have some evening action as well.
- If you want great beaches– head to Aruba. No denying that but Antigua, Anquilla and the Dominican Republic also have some fabulous beaches.
- If you want variety, check out Martinique. With a combination of waterfalls, beautiful beaches, great shopping and food, this French island my fit the bill for you.
- If you are looking for family fun, head to the Bahamas. Is Bahamas the only great island for families? Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Aruba also are great family destinations.
So with all the islands in the Caribbean to choose from, how do you make the choice?
That’s where My Vacation Lady can help. Our team of experienced vacation and honeymoon specialists can help guide you to the island that would fit your dreams and budget.
We take the personal approach to vacation and honeymoon planning. Our team can help turn an OK vacation into one that will create memories to last a lifetime.
Contact My Vacation Lady for help planning your next vacation or your dream honeymoon!