Please share with a friend:
Maui has been consistently chosen by honeymoon couples as one of their top honeymoon destinations and My Vacation Lady has to agree. In addition to beautiful beaches, fabulous resorts, great dining options, there is so much to see and do in Maui.
One of the top excursions that we recommend to our clients, is the Road To Hana.
This is something you can do on your own- no need to purchase an expensive guided excursion. My Vacation Lady provides our clients with a map and DVD that they can use to point them in the direction of the best waterfalls, hikes, beaches, a Bamboo Forest and Rainbow Trees.
- Leave your resort early since there is a lot to see on the Road to Hana.
- Before you leave West Maui, stop in a supermarket and buy lunch at their gourmet sandwich, salad or deli department. There are no restaurants after you leave Paia (actually 7.5 miles after Paia Town). We take a cooler bag and pack lunch with us for about 1/2 the price of the picnic lunches that you can get on the road or at your hotel.
- Stop where ever you see a ton of cars. That is the clue that there is something not to be missed.
- DO go past Hana onto the Seven Pools and hike up to Waimoku Falls. Just a suggestion- if you really enjoy hiking, head to these part of the Road to Hana first and hike up to the falls in the morning. Do the rest of the road backwards for less traffic.
- Consider downloading an app for the Road to Hana before you leave home and get a guided experience with the freedom to explore at your own pace.
My Vacation Lady is a Hawaii Destination Specialist and we specialize in creating your Hawaii vacation or honeymoon EXPERIENCE.
Contact us for assistance with planning your vacation or honeymoon to Hawaii.