Please share with a friend:
Here are 10 tips on how to plan your dream honeymoon:
- Talk about where each of you have been before and whether or not any of those destinations are places you would want to go to for your honeymoon.
- Talk about the kind of experiences you want to have during your honeymoon- what do you want to see, what do you want to do and what kind of hotel or resort are you interested in.
- Discuss your budget – this is important to know what you are comfortable spending for your honeymoon.
- Talk about what you want included in that honeymoon budget. If you want the budget to include all meals, drinks, excursions and spending money, you need to be realistic with your budget.
- Contact a Honeymoon Specialist and schedule a honeymoon consultation. Be upfront and honest with the honeymoon specialist particularly about what you are really looking for and what your budget is so that they can come up with options to fit your dreams and budget.
- Try to book your honeymoon at least 6 months before the wedding. This will give you the best availability and usually only a deposit is required upon booking.
- If you are traveling internationally, check to make sure your passports are current.
- Include Travel Insurance with your honeymoon – you never know what may happen but you will want your honeymoon investment protected.
- Consider leaving 2 or 3 days after the wedding so that you don’t have to worry about not being able to enjoy your wedding if you have an early morning flight.
- Make a packing list and try to organize your clothes and toiletries at least a week before the wedding. It’s much easier to put things in a suitcase when everything is organized ahead of time.
My Vacation Lady is the highest rated Honeymoon Specialist located in Northern/Central New Jersey on both Wedding Wire and the Knot’s Wedding Channel. Contact us to see what makes us different!