Please share with a friend:
My Vacation Lady has been helping honeymooners plan their dream honeymoons since 1994. Our mission is to match our client’s dreams and budget with the perfect honeymoon. According to Wedding Wire, where My Vacation Lady has earned the Bride’s Choice Award for 3 consecutive years, we must be doing something right.
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your honeymoon:
1. Plan early. We understand that you have lots on your plate when you are planning a wedding and sometimes, another major expense, like the honeymoon, gets pushed back. In the last 2 years, prices have been steadily increasing and you’ll be able to get the best rooms and rates at most resorts by booking early. This is also true with flights. The airlines have cut down on the size of the planes and the number of flights to many destinations so you don’t want to get stuck on a flight with connections because all of the non stops are already sold out.
2. The destination can be a deal breaker. If your dream honeymoon destination is to Tahiti or Hawaii or Europe and the airfare is more than 1/2 of your budget, those might not be realistic for you at this time. It’s pretty easy to check out air fare pricing on line in advance. If you see that airfare to Italy is $1200+ each and your budget is $5000 total, perhaps you should consider alternate destinations and save Italy for your 1st year anniversary. Destinations in the Caribbean and Mexico can, many times be, the best value since many are all inclusive and the cost of airfare is likely less than flying to Europe.
3. Consider an all inclusive resort. If you consider the cost of food and drinks, an all inclusive resort can be a great value. You pay one up front price, which may seem a bit more than you wanted to spend initially, but you are not going to come out with a huge bill at the end of your honeymoon.
4. Consider a cruise. Cruising is a great way of getting a feel of many different destinations without the hassle of packing and unpacking. You can also consider the cruise to be your floating resort. Meals, entertainment and more are included in your cruise fare and now with many cruise lines offering beverage packages, it has become more inclusive than ever.
5. Consider not taking your honeymoon right after the wedding. Most of our couples will say that they want to leave for their honeymoon within a couple of days of their wedding but there are some who, for different reasons, will not go for a few months. Consider this option for a couple of reasons:
- you will have access to the wedding gifts to help pay for your honeymoon
- you might be able to save a bit more money after the wedding bills are paid off
- if you are getting married during peak or high season, prices may be lower if you wait a bit
6. Work with a honeymoon specialist. Your honeymoon is the most important vacation of your new lives together. You only get 1 chance at your honeymoon, so please do it right. My Vacation Lady will take the time to get to know you and match the honeymoon experience you want to your dreams and budget. While we may not be able to get you to Tahiti for 2 weeks in over water bungalows for $5000 with air from NY, we’ll do our best to find you a destination and resort that will make you happy.
Contact us to see how My Vacation Lady’s personal approach to honeymoon planning can help your honeymoon dreams become reality!