Please share with a friend:
Cruises are not typically the first type of trip that My Vacation Lady’s honeymooners will request but sometimes a cruise may fit our client’s dreams and budget. Since cruise ships leave from ports around the world and in our backyard, you have lots of options when it comes to cruising. The majority of My Vacation Lady’s honeymooners who choose to take a cruise for their honeymoon will fall into a couple of different categories:
- They don’t like to fly and want to cruise from a port that they can drive to.
- They want to experience a lot of different destinations during their honeymoon (ie: a Mediterranean cruise)
- They are on a tighter budget and driving to the cruise port will eliminate the need for an expensive flight.
- They’re looking for a fun and exciting honeymoon with lots of entertainment to keep them busy day and night.
So, if you have decided to take a cruise for your honeymoon, how can you make sure that it will be romantic?
Here are 10 ideas to help make your cruise honeymoon extra romantic:
1. Take a midnight stroll on deck: Nothing says romance like walking with your new spouse, hand in hand under the stars.
2. Say “I Do”: Did you know that thousands of couples get married or renew their vows during a cruise every year. Actually, in just a few short days, My Vacation Lady has clients leaving on the Oasis of the Seas to celebrate their wedding aboard the Oasis of the Seas along with over 30 of their closest friends and family.
3. Order breakfast in bed: Room service is included so why not enjoy breakfast in bed? You can also order a special champagne breakfast to be served on your balcony on some Princess ships. There is an extra charge for this.
4. Chill out at the adults-only area: Most of the cruise ships have an adult only area on the ship, whether it’s complimentary or if there is a daily fee. If you are honeymooning in the summer or during a school holiday and don’t want to hear or see children, it might be worth the splurge.
5. Reserve a table for two : Most of the cruise ships today have tables for 2 in the main dining room. These can be requested in advance if you have a set dinner seating time or can be requested when you arrive at the restaurant or dining room.
6. Dance the night away: Whether you want to dance in the disco or sway to softer sounds, there is always a place to dance the night away on a cruise ship. The disco closes when the last person leaves.
7. Toast to your new lives together: The wine menu on cruise ships is spectacular and you can be certain that you’ll find that special bottle of wine or champagne to celebrate with.
8. Book a couples massage at the spa: Need I say more……
9. Snuggle under the star: Whether you’re on your balcony or on the top deck, take some time and enjoy the solitude of just being together.
10. Order a romance package for your cabin: Each cruise line offers different romance packages ranging from room decorations to champagne and strawberries and much more. The extra amenities will make your cruise honeymoon even more memorable.
My Vacation Lady is the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey on both Wedding Wire and the Knot’s Wedding Channel. After our unique honeymoon consultation, we can certainly help you decide what would be the best destination or cruise ship for your dream honeymoon.
We won’t be the first to tell you your honeymoon should be special be we are the best honeymoon specialist to make your honeymoon special!