Please share with a friend:
My Vacation Lady just had a consultation with a couple that got married last December but has yet to take a honeymoon. Life got in the way— they both switched jobs, they bought a house and they just didn’t have the time or money for a long honeymoon. So rather than spending money that they didn’t have or borrow vacation time, they took a mini moon and now are planning their big honeymoon.
So if this sounds like your situation, maybe a mini moon is the right choice for you now and when you have more time and money.
Just some things to consider:
1. Make it close– you don’t want to spend more time in a car or on a flight than you’ll be at your destination.
2. Consider a short flight- keep it to under 3 hours.
- if you’re in the NYC or Boston area, consider Bermuda. The flight is only 2 hours
- Miami is less than 3 hours from the Northeast.
- Las Vegas is a short hop from most West Coast airports.
- Cancun is a couple of hours from Dallas, Houston or Miami.
- The Bahamas is a short flight from Miami and the East Coast.
3. Make sure the flights are non stop. Nothing is worse that missing an entire day because of a missed connection.
4. Consider something relaxing. If you only have 3-5 days, you might want a bit of downtime after the wedding.
5. Consider a local resort or B&B, if you only have a couple of nights.
6. Consider a 3-5 night cruise. These cruises leave from many local ports including New York, Florida, New Orleans, Galveston, and Los Angeles.
7. Consider an urban escape in a local city, if you want some great restaurant choices, shopping and entertainment and only have a couple of nights.
8. Consider a hotel that offers a spa package or a golf package, if that is something that might interest you.
9. If you’re getting married in the spring or fall, consider a hotel on the beach or a hotel in the mountains. Both will be off season and might offer some great values and a might be a bit quieter than during their peak seasons.
10. Make is special– even if it’s only a couple of nights, a couples massage, romantic dinner or or a cozy fireplace in your room can help make it memorable.
When you’re ready to plan your longer honeymoon, contact My Vacation Lady to help plan your belated honeymoon.