Here are some of My Vacation Lady’s top packing tips:
- Make a list and check off items as you pack them
- Lay out everything on a bed or sofa (or even the floor will do) before you pack them and decide if you really need everything.
- Try to stick to 1 or 2 basic colors and use accessories to add a splash of color.
- Pack for the climate. If you are headed to the Caribbean, a sweater might be all you need but if you are cruising to Alaska, you’ll need clothes and jackets that can be layered.
- Use rolling duffle bags instead of suitcases. They’re usually lighter and you can stuff so much more in them.
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them.
- Pack dress clothes in plastic dry cleaning bags to help prevent wrinkling
- Use every nook and cranny. Put socks in shoes. Wrap belts around the outside of the suitcase. Put scarves into hand bags.
- Don’t pack valuables in your checked luggage.
- If you are packing liquids, pack them in zip lock bags and pack them in the middle of the suitcase vs. on the top or bottom.
These are some of My Vacation Lady’s favorite packing tips.