This year, My Vacation Lady has had more belated honeymoons than in any other year. We wondered what makes couples decide to delay their honeymoons and there were many different reasons.
1. A few of our couples had school conflicts . Teachers typically can’t take off from school for a week or 2 to take a honeymoon and we had a few of that happen this year. Vanessa and Joe got married in January but just left for their Hawaii honeymoon when school let out. Amanda was in graduate school so even though the wedding was in November, she and Josh didn’t take their honeymoon until March (during her spring break)
2. House trumps honeymoon— we’ve had a couple of those as well this year. Patty and Chris purchased a new home and the expenses for the new home depleted the honeymoon fund. They got married in 2013 and ended up taking their honeymoon for their 1 year anniversary instead.
3. More and more couples are paying for their weddings and just don’t have the money to go on a honeymoon right after the wedding. Jane and Paul got married last August but just took a honeymoon in May. They were glad they waited and had a fabulous honeymoon in Saint Lucia.
4. Work projects wouldn’t allow Veronica and Mike to take their honeymoon right after the wedding. The same is true for Stacy and Greg. Veronica and Mike ended up delaying their honeymoon until January (they got married in October) and Stacy and Greg are headed to Tahiti in November – about a month after their wedding.
Do any of these reasons sound familiar? Does your situation sound similar? Perhaps you too should consider delaying your honeymoon until you have the time and the funds to really have the honeymoon that you really want.
Here are some other times when it makes sense to delay your honeymoon:
- you are dreaming of a honeymoon in the Greek islands but your wedding is in November and the Greek Islands are virtually closed during that time of year.
- you are dreaming of a tropical beach resort in the Caribbean or Mexico but don’t want to risk going during hurricane season.
- your dream honeymoon is going to the South Pacific but you are getting married in January- their rainy season.
My Vacation Lady can help guide you in the best destinations and times to go on your dream honeymoon and we can help if you also feel more comfortable delaying your honeymoon until the time is right. As the top rated honeymoon specialist located in the state of NJ according to the couples on Wedding Wire, we won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special but we are the right honeymoon specialists to make it special.