With so many different countries in Europe and so many different things to see and do, it’s hard to cover all of the things you may need to pack but this may be a good start.
Things you might not have thought of:
- Your driver’s license, if you are planning to rent a car.
- A credit card in your name—NOT a DEBIT CARD, if you are planning to rent a car.
- Visa or Mastercard- not American Express or Discover.
- An ATM card to get local currency.
- A converter and a couple of adapters. With all the toys that might need to be charged, it is always safer to bring a couple of adapters.
- Copies of your passports
- Wash cloths– yes, sounds odd but most European hotels will not have wash cloths. If you prefer, bring a loofah, they dry faster.
- Ziplock bags- in various sizes to hold everything from your travel documents, to snacks, toiletries to the wet wash cloths or loofah.
Things you might not want to take:
1. Sneakers: Most Europeans don’t wear sneakers so wearing sneakers will label you a tourist.
2. Baseball caps: Again- this will make you stand out as a tourist.
3. Back packs: They are just too easy for pickpockets to get at your valuables.
4. Your good jewelry– yes, we understand that you love your engagement ring but it may be better to leave it home.
5. Jeans- they can get too hot in the humid summer months and take too long to dry if they get wet. You’re better off with khakis and cotton pants.
6. Travelers checks- don’t bother. They’re too hard to cash.
Some things you should definitely have for a European Honeymoon:
1. Good sunscreen.
2. An extra pair of contact lenses or glasses.
4. A hat
5. For women- shirts with sleeves and capris or skirts that cover your knees (for visiting churches and cathedrals)
6. A sweater or a shawl, even in the summer months, it can get chilly at night
7. For men, a jacket and tie are a good thing to bring for some of the nicer restaurants.
8. Clothing that can be layered.
9. An extra tote bag for all the souvenirs that you’ll be bringing home.
My Vacation Lady is a top rated honeymoon specialist. We won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special but we certainly will help make it special!