Packing for your Costa Rica honeymoon
Please share with a friend:
For the last few #WeddingWednesday blogs we’ve been posting Honeymoon Packing Tips and this week’s tips are for Costa Rica honeymoons.
Since Costa Rica tends to be a bit more active and adventurous, this list is geared a bit more toward those honeymooners who are planning some adventures.
My Vacation Lady’s Suggested Packing List for Costa Rica Honeymoons and Vacations
- Water shoes or Tevas
- hiking/walking shoes (whatever may dry faster)
- beach sandals/flip-flops
- sneakers or closed shoes for zip lining
Clothes (in addition to what you might think of taking)
- T-shirts, one or two long sleeved for hiking and to protect your sunburn.
- Long pants-recommended for hiking and zip lining
- Rain Poncho- it will likely rain while you are in Costa Rica
- light sweater or jacket
- bathing suits
- Back pack
- Zip lock bags (all sizes to carry snacks, wet clothes, etc)
- Sun Glasses
- Camera and batteries or charger
- Cell phone and charger (beware roaming charges but most hotels will have Wifi available)
- insect repellent- > 95% DEET for mosquitoes, and Avon’s Skin-so-Soft® for no-see-ums.
- pain relievers/fever reducers (Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, and/or Aspirin)
- Aloe Vera Gel (for sunburn relief)
- anti-histamine tablets- there are all sorts of new pollens to react to, and these can help control the swelling and pain from insect, spider and scorpion stings.
- Contact lenses and cleaning solutions and we strongly suggest bringing an extra pair of contacts with you.
- If you wear prescription glasses, pack a spare pair
- Prescription medication
- driver’s license (if you are renting a car)
- Visa or Mastercard (these are most often accepted)
- $29 CASH per person for the departure tax
- insurance card and contact information.
My Vacation Lady won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special but we are the right honeymoon specialists to make your honeymoon special.