Think you can get away without taking a ton of beauty products and toiletries on your honeymoon and still look great?
Lots of My Vacation Lady’s honeymooners take 10-14 night honeymoons and that’s a lot of stuff to bring for that long. With the weight limits that every airline has on the size and weight of your suitcase, you have to pack smart to avoid paying overweight charges.
Here are 10 tips that may help cut down on what you’re going to be taking with you to keep you looking great:
- Do a trial run BEFORE the honeymoon to see how long sample size toothpastes and things like contact lens solutions will last. If you are going for 10 days and a travel size toothpaste will only last 4 or 5 days, you know you’ll need to bring a couple. Same holds true for contact lens solution. You can always buy extra toothpaste at your destination too. It may not be your favorite brand, but it will still work. If you have sensitive eyes and need certain contact lens solution, your best bet is to bring enough for the entire honeymoon.
- Use the hotel’s shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. If you are going to a 4 or a 5 star property, chances are they have some spa like toiletries. I’m partial to L’Occitane that many of the 5 star resorts use but I have found some fabulous bathroom amenities at resorts in Hawaii and the Caribbean, too.
- Use contact lens cases to hold some lotions and creams. You may find that 1 contact lens case will hold enough facial moisturizer or foundation for your entire honeymoon. It’s so much easier to pack than the full size bottles.
- Learn to love your hair– even in hot and humid climates. If your hair is going to get curly or frizzy, put it in a pony or bun and just go with the flow. Take a cute straw hat or some scarves and cover it, if worse comes to worse.
- Streamline your makeup. You’ll probably not need as much if you are going to be in a beach destination, since the make up for the day will be sunscreen and your sun bronzed skin may not need much more than mascara and lip gloss.
- Use facial cream with sunscreen in it.
- Leave the hairdryer and iron at home. Most hotels will have them for you.
- Bring mosquito repellent sheets instead of lotion or spray.
- Bring makeup remover sheets instead of lotion or liquid. Again, these are easier to pack and you’ll have less at the end of the honeymoon to repack.
- Remember the 3-1-1 rule for bringing liquids, lotions and creams in your carry on. You can’t bring anything more than 3.4 ounces. You get 1 quart sized ziplock bag and you’re only allowed 1 bag.
What to bring in terms of clothing is whole different blog post but check back over the last few weeks where we talked about what to pack for many different honeymoon destinations.
My Vacation Lady is the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey according to the brides of Wedding Wire. Planning your wedding is stressful but we’ll make your honeymoon planning experience stress free.