What are some of the top tips to help make honeymoon planning easy?
- Research some destinations that interest you. Check on Pinterest, tourist board websites and if nothing else, do an online search. Try to find out if the weather is good during the time that you want to travel. Check to see if there are any events that would make it unusually crowded or pricier.
- Book sooner rather than later! The last thing you want to happen is to find out that the resort that you had your heart set on is sold out.
- Check your passports. Will they still be valid for at least 6 months after you return from your honeymoon? If you don’t have one, apply now. My Vacation Lady will need to see them in order to put your honeymoon reservation on hold.
- Don’t feel rushed to leave the next morning. If you have an evening wedding, please don’t book your flights for the next morning. We want you to feel relaxed and not stressed so, if possible, give yourself a day or two to recuperate from the wedding before heading off on your honeymoon.
- Include Travel Insurance. Your honeymoon might be the most expensive vacation that you have ever taken so include travel insurance in your honeymoon budget. It can help alleviate stress when it comes to traveling during hurricane or the winter seasons and other unforeseen circumstances.
- Pack in Advance. If you are leaving for your honeymoon shortly after the wedding, pack as much as possible before the wedding. This way, all you’ll need to do is put in your toiletries and last minute items and zip it up!
- Hire a Honeymoon Specialist- Even if you haven’t used a travel professional before, let this be the first time! Using a honeymoon specialist who has experience and expertise can make the difference between and ok vacation and a great honeymoon experience!
My Vacation Lady is the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey according to the couples on Wedding Wire.
Contact us to schedule your honeymoon consultation!