And yes, they are posted on Tuesdays 🙂
These are some of the top tips:
- Recycle the plastic bags in which you receive your newspapers. Slip your shoes into the bags before packing to protect your shoes and clothes
- Never underestimate the value of the Zip Lock Bag (gallon size or larger). A new use- Laundry Bag. They can help you do your laundry. Fill the bag with your clothes and laundry detergent or shampoo, swish around, let sit and then empty and rinse.
- Going somewhere tropical? Put a dryer sheet (Bounce or similar) in your pocket and it will help keep the mosquitos away
- One of the best things to take with you on your vacation, when you know that there will be limited closet space (like on a cruise) is an over the door hanging shoe bag. The bag has 20 or so compartments for shoes but it can be used for tons of other uses. It’s a great place to store sunscreen, toiletries, hats, belts and much more that you want to just grab and go
- Definitely worth a repeat! Always pack a complete change of clothing + all medications, contact lenses, glasses and necessities you will need with you— JUST in case your luggage gets lost.
- Always bring essential medication with you on vacation. I always pack, Imodium or Pepto Bismol, Tylenol or Advil, motion sickness medication, Neosporin, Cortaid and calamine lotion. While you might be able to buy it at your hotel or destination, trust me, you’ll be happy you have it handy when you need it.
- If you are traveling on a multi destination vacation where you’ll be packing and unpacking a lot, the key is being organized. Try to put the clothes you will need for that particular part of the trip on the top of the suitcase so it will be easier to unpack when you reach your new destination