Winter is upon us and much of the Midwest has already had some snow. Regardless of the season, weather is always a reason for travel delays and cancellations so we dug up an old blog post about why you should add travel insurance to your vacation reservation.
There are actually hundreds of reasons where you might need to cancel your vacation, come home early or get medical treatment while you’re vacationing but My Vacation Lady has tried to limit the list to the top 10.
10 great reasons to say “yes” to travel insurance
That’s why we thought these 10 reasons to buy travel insurance – nine of which are from CBS News Travel Editor, Peter Greenberg, and the 10th one from us – were particularly compelling. We challenge any of your customers to not find a reason (or five) they can relate to!
- Your flight has been cancelled due to snow or weather related reasons.
- Your checked luggage is lost and you packed your medication in it. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and you need help replacing your passport.
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
- You need to cancel your trip because you’re seriously ill or a member of your immediate family gets very ill.
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. How will you get your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination?
- You have a medical emergency in a foreign country, where you don’t speak the language.
- Three weeks before you are set to travel, a terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit and you’re not comfortable traveling.
- A hurricane, earthquake or volcanic ash event has made your hotel or resort uninhabitable. How can you get your money refunded?
- You lose your job but have already paid for your trip or cruise and need your cash back.
When you spend time and money planning your vacation or honeymoon or cruise, it makes sense to protect your vacation investment with travel insurance. We know you would prefer to never have to use it but if you do, you’ll be glad you had it. Trust me– we’ve had to use it and were glad we had it