Please share with a friend:
My Vacation Lady helps lots and lots of honeymooners plan their dream honeymoons. We frequently get asked what our couples can get for their honeymoon budgets.
It’s always hard to give exact dollar figures because there are a lot of factors that will go into the price that a couple will pay for their honeymoon, like:
- When are you planning on traveling? If you are going to the Caribbean in March, it will be a lot pricier than going in September.
- How far in advance are you going to book your honeymoon? We usually recommend at least 6 months ahead to get the best availability. We are working on a honeymoon to Hawaii for the end of June— 3 months out and are having trouble finding availability at some of our preferred hotels.
- What type of experiences are you looking for? If you want lots of activities and excursions OR if you want to include a couples massage or honeymoon package, your prices can vary.
- What type of accommodations are you interested in? If you want an adult only all inclusive resort OR you want a 5 star boutique, secluded resort, your prices will vary.
So let’s get down to some real examples of what My Vacation Lady’s clients got for around $5000 in 2015:
- For March 2015 (peak season in Mexico), honeymooners booked 6 nights in a deluxe ocean view room at a 5 star adult only all inclusive resort in Cancun with airfare from NJ and round trip airport transfers and a honeymoon package that included a romantic breakfast in bed for under $4700
- Also for March 2015, honeymooners booked 4 nights in a 5 star ski resort in Zermatt, Switzerland and 1 night at a Zurich hotel with breakfast daily, trains between the airports and hotels, lift passes and ski equipment for 3 days for under $4900.
- For April of 2015, honeymooners booked 9 nights in a concierge level ocean front swim out junior suite in a 5 star adult only all inclusive resort in the Riviera Maya with round trip airport transfers, a honeymoon package that includes a romantic beachfront dinner, couples massage and breakfast in bed one morning for around $5600. If they reduced their stay to 8 nights, it might have been less than $5000. They used points for their airfare.
- Also for April 2015, our clients booked 7 nights in a concierge level swim up junior suite in a 5 star adult only all inclusive resort in Punta Cana. It included nonstop flights from Newark, round trip airport transfers and a honeymoon package that included a romantic beachfront dinner, couples massage and breakfast in bed one morning. They paid around $4800.
- Another April 2015 honeymoon– this time at a 5 star all inclusive resort in the Riviera Maya, a luxury ocean view junior suite with jacuzzi for 7 nights with non stop airfare from Boston, round trip airport transfers, a honeymoon package that also included a romantic beachfront dinner, couples massage and breakfast in bed one morning cost just under $5000. Because of a school break during this week, airfare was about $1800 for both of them— a good amount more than usual.
- In late April 2015, honeymooners booked 7 nights in a 5 star adult only all inclusive resort in Jamaica. It included an ocean view suite, round trip airfare from NJ, round trip airport transfers and a honeymoon package. Their honeymoon was around $4500.
- In late May 2015, honeymooners booked a Beachfront Concierge Level room at an adult only all inclusive resort in St Lucia, for 8 nights with nonstop flights from NYC. This includes a spa credit, honeymoon package and transfers for about $5600
- In June 2015, honeymooners booked an 11 night honeymoon to Bali— 5 nites in a luxury pool villa in the mountainous area (Ubud) and then 6 nites in a 5 star luxury resort at the beach in Seminayk. It includes a dinner and elephant ride, a volcano tour, a white water rafting excursion and all transfers. All of this came to about $4400. They purchased airfare with points.
- In September 2015, honeymooners booked an 11 night Hawaii honeymoon, including 4 nites in Waikiki with breakfast daily and an excursion to Pearl Harbor and a car rental for 2 days (to explore on their own). Then they are flying to the Big Island for 7 nights to spend 2 nights near Volcano National Park. Then heading to the Kona-Kohaola Coast in a 4 star resort for 4 nights with breakfast daily and taking a night time snorkeling tour with manta rays. They have a car for the whole time in the Big Island and all of their flights (from NJ) and between the islands + travel insurance is included for about $5500.
- In October 2015, honeymooners are staying for 7 nights in a 4+ star adult only all inclusive resort in a concierge level swim out junior suite, with nonstop flights from NJ, transfers and travel insurance. This resort also offers a honeymoon package which includes a romantic beachfront dinner, couples massage and one breakfast in bed. Their price is about $4300.
- In November 2015, honeymooners booked 7 nights in 4+ star beachfront all inclusive resort in Costa Rica, in an oceanview suite with Jacuzzi. It includes round trip air from JFK, airport transfers, a zip line excursion and an excursion to Arenal Volcano and the hot springs. With travel insurance, the package came to about $4500.
- In November 2015, honeymooners booked 7 nights in a 4 star adult only all inclusive resort in Aruba in an ocean view junior suite, with air from NJ, transfers a jeep tour, a sunset cruise and travel insurance for about $4800.
These are just some of the examples of what you can get for around $5000 for your honeymoon.
My Vacation Lady is an award winning honeymoon travel agency. We won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special, but we’ll make sure it is special. Contact us to see what a difference our personal approach to honeymoon planning can make.