Please share with a friend:
A few weeks ago, My Vacation Lady received an email from the friend of a good client. The friend, let’s call her Mary, was planning her honeymoon to Hawaii and had worked out “all of the details and logistics” and just wanted to speak to me to get a 2nd opinion on the hotels that she had picked out. Many times, this conversation starts as…Do you mind if I take a few minutes to pick your brain?
Our response was something like this: Are you looking for our assistance with planning and booking your honeymoon or are do you just want our opinions on hotels so that you can book them yourselves.
Mary’s response was—“Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I had planned to book the honeymoon myself since I have done most of the research already.”
Let me explain why My Vacation Lady doesn’t give out 2nd opinions on the itinerary that you have already put together, if you aren’t planning to book your vacation package through us:
- We haven’t taken the time to get to know you, as we would with clients who book through us. Our clients go through a very in depth consultation so that we can get to know their likes, their dislikes, their dreams and their budget.
- I can tell you what I like, but that doesn’t mean that it’s the right hotel for you. I’m very particular when I recommend hotels and have personal or client/colleague feedback before sending my clients there.
- I have no recourse if something goes wrong with the reservation that you made yourself since I didn’t book it.
- My contacts will honor certain special amenities because of my relationship with them but only if the reservation comes through under my name. Just yesterday, I sent an email to my contact at a resort in the Big Island. The clients booked a garden view room (since it was in their budget) and when I emailed my contact at the resort, she upgraded them to a partial ocean view room.
- To be honest, we don’t work for free- Do you?. If I spend my time giving Mary a 2ndopinion on the hotels that she will book myself, that is time that I am taking away from other clients who value my service and will book through My Vacation Lady. This is a business for me, not a hobby and not something I do after another job. I only get paid if the client books with my agency and after their travel is complete.
I haven’t heard back from Mary and that’s ok.
My Vacation Lady takes the personal approach to vacation and honeymoon planning. We take time to listen to our clients and design the vacation or honeymoons that meet their dreams and budget. Our approach isn’t for everyone but it has helped us obtain top honeymoon travel agency status in New Jersey according to the couples on Wedding Wire. If you want your vacation or honeymoon to be special, contact us so we can show you how we can help you.