Happy September and IT’S TIME TO START PLANNING YOUR HONEYMOON!
My Vacation Lady is an award winning honeymoon travel agency and we help lots of clients plan their dream honeymoons. One of the first things that we tell our couples is when they should book their honeymoon to get the best availability.
So if your wedding is springtime into early summer, you’re about 6-9 months away from your wedding date. If you are planning to leave on your honeymoon to be shortly after the wedding, this is a great time to start the ball rolling.
So what should you do first?
1. Talk to each other about what your dream honeymoon would look like to get an idea of what you are thinking about.
2. If you need some guidance on what to think about, fill out this questionnaire about your honeymoon travel style and we’ll get back to you with some ideas of what might interest you.
3. Make an appointment with an experienced honeymoon specialist who can help you narrow down options and help you plan your dream honeymoon. My Vacation Lady is a top rated honeymoon specialist according to the couples on Wedding Wire and the Knot.
What are some great honeymoon destinations during March – July?
- Keep in mind that it’s always summer in the Caribbean and early spring into early summer is usually a good time to go to the Caribbean. Prices drop pretty significantly after Easter/Spring vacations and definitely after May 1.
- This is the beginning of the peak season for the South Pacific. So for destinations like Tahiti (French Polynesia), Fiji, the Cook Islands and Bali, their rainy seasons ends in April and their peak season begins in May.
- Any season is great in Europe but the weather is getting nicer and the beach resorts start reopening in May.
- Spring into early summer is our favorite time to go to Hawaii. While there is never a bad time to go to the Hawaiian Islands, winter time does tend to rain a bit more so April, May and June are great times to go before most of the schools let out.
We won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special, but My Vacation Lady will certainly make it special. Contact us to schedule your honeymoon consultation!