My Vacation Lady‘s son got married a couple of weeks ago and like most men, he relied on his bride to have everything in order so that they could leave for their honeymoon 2 days after the wedding.
They honeymooned in Hawaii because (as my daughter in law put it), I have really good contacts in Hawaii. Yes, I do. This picture was a view from their deluxe ocean view suite at the Fairmont Kea Lani– the first of 3 resorts they will be staying in over the course of their honeymoon.
Here are some last minute tips that I wanted to share with you if you are leaving for your honeymoon shortly after the wedding:
1. Review all of your travel documents and vouchers to make sure they are in order BEFORE the wedding. Make sure you can find the emergency phone #’s for your travel suppliers and travel insurance company.
2. Make up a packing list of everything you will need for the honeymoon. If you are using any items for the wedding (ie: make up, hair products, etc) highlight the items on your list so that you know what you need to throw in your bag or carry on after the wedding.
3. Pack an entire day’s change of clothes in your carry on. My son and daughter in law were going on a sunrise bike tour on their first full day of their honeymoon. Their luggage didn’t arrive with them in Maui. While they had on pants for the flight and had sweatshirts in their carry on, they had on flip flops so I sent them to the Kmart (5 minutes from the Maui airport) to buy socks and cheap sneakers for the bike excursion. Luckily, their luggage arrived on the next flight from Honolulu (just as they were leaving Kmart) and they had everything they needed.
4. Reconfirm your flights within 24 hours of departure and print off boarding passes. Yes, I still prefer paper copies– just in case your cell phone battery dies.
5. Make sure you have your ID (passport or driver’s license).
6. Make a copy of the travel itinerary to leave with friends or family members.
7. Reconfirm how you are getting to the airport.
8. SET YOUR ALARM so that you can get to the airport on time!
Most of all, don’t stress out. Your honeymoon is the FUN part of the wedding planning and My Vacation Lady will make sure that all of the i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed so that all you have to do is have a great honeymoon!
As the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey, according to the couples on Wedding Wire, we can help make your honeymoon special so Contact Us to schedule your honeymoon consultation.