Planning your first vacation to Walt Disney World in Orlando can be completely overwhelming. It is so much more than just booking a flight. That is why My Vacation Lady has brought a Disney Vacation Planning Specialist to our team to help our clients plan their Disney World Vacations.
What should you consider before booking your Disney World Vacation?
What type of accommodations are you looking for?
- Disney World has everything from their deluxe hotels (like the Grand Floridian) to their more moderate hotels (like Caribbean Beach) to their value hotels (like the All Stars)
- Disney also have multi-bedroom villas
- There are numerous benefits to staying at a hotel within Walt Disney World
What kind of park tickets do you want?
- You can choose from a daily ticket or a multi-day ticket.
- You can choose from a 1 park per day ticket to a park hopper which allows you to go to any of the theme parks in the same day
- You can add entry to the water parks, as well
- The best part is that the longer you stay the less you pay for each day!
Which parks should you visit?
- Walt Disney World offers 4 parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.
- The parks open and close at different times during the week which allows you to stay late or start early someplace different every day- available for the guests staying at a Walt Disney World hotel.
- You can experience thrilling rides, take a safari, tour countries from all over the world and see movies all during a weeks stay.
- Depending upon how long you have to stay, how old any children traveling with you are and what may interest you the most, would really determine which parts you might want to concentrate on.
What about dining at Walt Disney World?
- Disney offers different dining packages to help fit your family’s lifestyle.
- You can purchase from a variety of dining packages starting with quick service meals and snacks each day, or a sit down meal per day and a quick serve meal daily and a snack daily and up to 3 sit down meals and snacks each day!
- The dining packages save you money too, up to 30%.
- And the best part—–you can make reservations 180 days in advance.
How can you get around Disney World?
- Most people when flying into Walt Disney World use the Disney Magical Express to take them from the airport to their resort and back at the end of their stay. This is a free service to all people staying at a Disney resort.
- Transportation during your stay is offered thru Disney Buses that run from resorts to every park and the monorail which runs from Magic Kingdom, the Ticket and Transportation Center, Grand Floridian Resort, The Contemporary Resort and The Polynesian Resort.
The Rides and Fast Pass and more are all topics for later blog posts so stay tuned for more tips from our Disney Specialist!