My Vacation Lady loves going to the travel agent seminars offered by the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau. I always come home new info and lots of fun facts.
Kauai—-Did you know that:
- The reason there will never be nonstop flights from the East Coast to Kauai is because the runway is too short? While the flights can land in Kauai, they can’t take off with a full tank of fuel needed to get to the East Coast. Would love to see nonstop from Newark or JFK to Kauai. (:
- There are some new food tours in Kauai, including a short order tour, North Shore Tour, Royal Coconut Coast Tour, South Shore tour and a Farmer’s Market tour
- You might know that the Wailua River in Kauai is the only navigable river in the state but did you know that you can go stand up paddle boarding, river kayaking and waterskiing on the river?
- Kauai has a rum factory the Koloa Rum Factory and they offer free rum tastings daily. They have a new flavor- Coffee. If you want to try that flavor, plan to go on Fridays between 930am and 9pm (you need to sign up at the retail store so head out earlier).
- If the idea of rappeling down a waterfall sounds exciting, you can now do it in Kauai. You can rappel down a 60 foot waterfall.
- You can join a photo tour in Kauai and capture shots of some of the most picturesque settings.
- In Princeville, you can take a self guided Sunset Golf Cart Tour of the Makai Golf Course. It’s $50 per cart for 2 riders per cart and you’ll get a 6 stop itinerary to see one of National Geographic’s top 5 most scenic golf course settings in the world.
My Vacation Lady is a Hawaii Destination Specialist. We love to plan honeymoons and vacations for our clients to the Hawaiian Island. With all of the tips and info we offer our clients, you won’t need to buy a guide book and you won’t need to spend hours researching the best beaches, restaurants and activities. If a seamless and stress free honeymoon or vacation planning experience sounds like what you are looking for, Contact us.