Please share with a friend:
From our last meeting with the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, we heard about lots of new (and not so new) fun things to do, see and experience in each of the Hawaiian Islands.
Here are fun things in Oahu!
- There is an ocean of possibilities at AccesSurf’s Day at the Beach and Wounded Warrior programs. These are free monthly events that allows our wounded heroes and anyone with a physical or cognitive disability to enjoy surfing and stand up paddleboarding with specialized equipment.
- Volunteer to assist with the physical labor needed to repair the He’eia Fish Pond. You do need to RSVP in advance but this is volunteer tourism at it’s best.
- Soar through the skies on a glider on the North Shore of Oahu with Honolulu Soaring
- Finally, Zip Lining has come to Oahu- with ziplines up to 1/2 mile long!
With these gorgeous panaramic views, Climb Works wants to get people out of their comfort zones in a safe and controlled environment. Once you finish zipping through the treetops, enjoy lunch or dinner at the near by shrimp trucks.
- Did you know that Waimea Valley is more than just a botanical garden? It has Ancient Hawaiian Archaelogical sites, several endangered species of birds, and a 45 foot waterfall with a lifeguard on duty so that you can swim under the falls!
- And if you love to shop at farmer’s markets, after your day at Waimea Valley, head over to the Hale’iwa Farmers Market in the Waimea Valley- open Thursdays from 2-6pm.
- If you happen to be in Oahu during the first Friday of the month, head to Downtown Honolulu and Chinatown for their “First Friday” festivities. Meet local artists and you can go on an art walk in Chinatown, browsing galleries that open their doors with exhibits, free entertainment and light refreshments.
- Join the Eat The Street food events on the last Friday of each month from 5pm-10pm at the old Fisherman’s Wharf, Makers and Tasters, on Ala Moana Blvd in Honolulu. Check out Hawaiian Street Food fresh off the trucks for food and music.
- From December to May, you might be able to see whales from your walk up the Makapu’u Point Lighthouse Trail.
- Check out where 90% of the movies filmed on Oahu are filmed– Kualoa Ranch. This private nature reserve offers movie site tours, ATV tours, Horseback riding and a new treetop canopy zipline tour.
So for those of you who are dreaming of Hawaii but discount Oahu as only being good for visiting Pearl Harbor, let My Vacation Lady help plan your next vacation or your dream honeymoon to Oahu!
My Vacation Lady is the top rated honeymoon specialists located in NJ (according to the couples on both Wedding Wire and the Knot) and we are Hawaii Destination specialists. We take the personal approach to vacation and honeymoon planning and we think you’ll be surprised at the difference our personal approach can do for your next vacation.