He popped the question. She said yes. This is such an exciting time in your lives.
What happens next?
First enjoy the bliss of being newly engaged. Don’t stress out by starting wedding planning the next morning.
Take some time to really consider when you want to get married and what type of wedding you want.
- Do you want a destination wedding or do you want to get married locally?
- Are there certain times of the year that might be better for you than other times to get married?
Thinking a bit ahead but still something to consider about when to get married, is about whether you want to go on your honeymoon directly after the wedding or not.
- Have you talked about your dream honeymoon yet?
- Is there a better time of year to go there than others?
- For example, if your dream is the South Pacific or the Greek Islands, the best time to honeymoon there would be May-October.
- If you want a Thailand honeymoon, best time to visit is the winter months.
- If you are looking at an all inclusive resort in the Caribbean and Mexico, keep in mind that peak hurricane season will be mid August through mid October but hurricanes can occur anytime between June 1 and November 30.
- If you’ve thought about Hawaii for your dream honeymoon, the winter months may offer cheaper flights from the mainland and it’s a great time for whale watching but it also tends to be a bit rainier. My Vacation Lady’s favorite times to go to Hawaii are the months of April and May and September – November.
You have a lot to think about right after you get engaged but remember, you have your whole lives ahead of you so savor this time and don’t rush into the planning until you’re ready.
One more thing to remember, with all the stress of planning a wedding, My Vacation Lady can help eliminate the stress of planning your honeymoon.
We are the top rated honeymoon specialists located in New Jersey on both Wedding Wire and the Knot, so contact us to help plan your dream honeymoon or destination wedding.