You honeymooned in Maui and loved it so much that you’re taking a family vacation to Maui. WOW- this one is going to be a bit different from your honeymoon, when it was just the 2 of you. Now, you’ll need to figure out what may be the best things to see and do that will make all family members happy.
Maui has some spectacular beachfront resorts and the beaches alone might make your family very happy but there is so much to see and do in Maui that you might not spend as much time on the beaches as you think you will.
Here are some of My Vacation Lady‘s favorite things to do in Maui that are certainly family friendly.
- the Road to Hana– give yourself enough time to explore and let the kids run around a bit
- Snorkeling at Black Rock— the beach in front of the Sheraton is perfect for snorkeling. You can bring snorkel masks with you (that you pre-purchased at one of the Mart stores) or buy them in Maui or rent them. You can snorkel right off the beach.
- Iao Valley State Park– go early since the fog may tend to roll in but this is a great place for younger kids since the walking paths are easy to navigate. You’ll see some nice waterfalls and streams and the 1200 foot Iao Needle
- Book a luau. We recommend the Old Lahaina Luau for families. When they announce that they are uncovering the pig, get the kids up front so they can get a good view.
- Biking down Haleakala– if your kids are older (pre-teens and older) and fairly good on a bike, this may be a great experience for them to see a fabulous sunrise and take a leisurely ride down the inactive volcano.