My Vacation Lady plans lots of honeymoons and a few years later, we will typically get calls from our past honeymooners to help them plan a family vacation. Not all have the time or funds for another vacation for just the 2 of them, so we have some ideas on how you can combine some romance on a family vacation.
While is sounds impossible, there are ways to combine a family vacation with some adult alone time. Not every family vacation has to be all about the kids- even when they’re still pretty young.
Here are some tips on how to have some romance during a family vacation
- Book a family suite or 2 adjoining rooms. Some resorts will guarantee adjoining rooms, while some may offer reduced pricing for the 2nd Family suites are usually a king bedded room connected to a room with 2 double beds. The great benefit- 2 bathrooms!
- If you can only swing 1 room for all of you, make sure it has a balcony or patio where you can relax and have some wine or coffee while the kids are in bed. Even better- book a room with a jacuzzi on the balcony!
- If you are going on a cruise or to an all inclusive resort, check out the kids programs. Do they offer special dinner seatings for families where the kids will be fed quickly and picked up by the kids club staff, leaving Mom and Dad to enjoy a quiet meal alone. Royal Caribbean offers that. If the kids club offers a dinner with the counselors, take advantage of that to have a romantic dinner for 2 while the kids are eating with their new friends.
- Bring grandparents along. Yes, it sounds crazy to bring grandparents on a family vacation where you would like some alone time with your spouse but think about it for a minute. Grandparents usually (but not always) are willing to spend some time with the kids without the parents getting in the way. What better babysitters can you find than grandma and grandpa?
- If the resort or cruise ship offers babysitting or a nanny service, make sure to book the babysitter in plenty of time to reserve a night or 2 for just the two of you.
My Vacation Lady is an award winning travel agency specializing in personalized service and designing vacation packages around our client’s dreams and budget. Contact us for help planning your next vacation!