FAMILY VACATION TIME!!!
Summer is the number one time of year that families travel. School is out and most parents will schedule some of their vacation time during the summer so that they can take a great family vacation. With a team of family vacation planners on board, My Vacation Lady receives many requests for planning all kinds of family vacations and we know just how to assist each family with planning vacations that best meet their dreams and budget.
What is your idea of a great family vacation?
You’ll hear vast differences between families with teens vs. families with toddlers and each family will have their own favorite type of vacation. Some prefer theme parks and return year after year. Some prefer tropical beach vacations or all inclusive beach resorts. Some prefer planned tours with well know family tour companies. (We’ll talk more about some of these in the next few weeks)
Wendy Perrin, a well known travel writer for Conde Nast, interviewed some well traveled children of the magazine editors a few years ago. While the article may be 5 years old, the travel tips certainly aren’t.
Here were some of them:
1. Embrace the exotic- kids can really become enthralled with a destination so radically different than their own
2. Try something new- whether it’s a an excursion, sport or maybe even a food.
3. Give them a break- mix up car or bus tours with walking and exploring
4. Turn sightseeing into a game- ie: bring pictures of things you want your kids to find in a museum and let them “hunt” to find them
5. Explore local food markets and have a picnic
6. When all else fails, try ice cream
7. Make a collection into a treasure hunt- let them find new collectibles to keep them entertained
8. Take them to place or bring things with you that will enable them to make new friends
9. Choose a resort that caters to kids
10. Promise them rewards for motivating them to be good during long flights/drives.
My Vacation Lady’s team are all mothers and some are even grandmothers. We’ve been traveling for years with our families and can help you with the in’s and out’s of planning a great family vacation! Contact us for help planning your next family vacation!