It got cold in New Jersey very quickly. We went from air conditioning to heat in the same week and now it’s really COLD. Even my grandpup, Mack, needs My Vacation Lady to help him plan a warm weather vacation!
Here are some winter vacation planning tips from our friends at Travel Insured.
• When booking a flight, try your best to get a non-stop flight during the winter months. This will give you more of a chance to avoid missed connections and delays in the connecting locations. If you are having trouble finding a direct flight make sure to try out the option of looking at nearby airports and flexible travel dates. This could potentially save you a lot of time and hassle in the end.
• If you are unable to book a flight without a connection make sure to watch the clock very carefully and be sure to give yourself extra time for everything. If inclement weather causes you to miss your connecting flight, airlines are not obligated to find you a new travel arrangement.
• Be sure to always stay up to date with the latest weather announcements. Check the weather updates at all of the locations you will be flying to and from because it can be drastically different between areas. If there does seem to be troublesome weather ahead, call your airline company to find out about any changes.
• Try to choose a morning flight. The earlier the flight, the less likely your scheduled flight will be affected by issues and delays at other airports. Also, if your flight does in fact get delayed, this will give you a longer period of time to make secondary arrangements.
• Consider purchasing a travel protection plan. With a higher chance your itinerary could, in fact, be disrupted, travel insurance may help protect your travel investment in the long run.
My Vacation Lady has clients traveling all year long and we do our best to follow these tips to make you vacation or honeymoon seamless and stress free.