My Vacation Lady just had a consultation with a couple that got married last December but has yet to take a honeymoon. Life got in the way— they both switched jobs, they bought a house and they just didn’t have the time or money for a long honeymoon. So rather than spending money that they didn’t have or borrow vacation time, they took a mini moon and now are planning their big honeymoon.
So if this sounds like your situation, a mini moon might be the right choice for you now.
1. Make it close— you don’t want to spend more time in a car or on a flight than you’ll be at your destination.
2. Consider a short flight– keep it to under 3 hours.
- if you’re in the NYC or Boston area, consider Bermuda. The flight is only 2 hours
- Miami is less than 3 hours from the Northeast.
- Las Vegas is a short hop from most West Coast airports.
- Cancun is a couple of hours from Dallas, Houston or Miami.
- The Bahamas is a short flight from Miami and the East Coast.
3. Make sure the flights are non stop. Nothing is worse that missing an entire day because of a missed connection.
4. Consider something relaxing. If you only have 3-5 days, you might want a bit of downtime after the wedding.
5. Consider a local resort or B&B, if you only have a couple of nights.
6. Consider a 3-5 night cruise. These cruises leave from many local ports including New York, Florida, New Orleans, Galveston, and Los Angeles.
7. Consider an urban escape in a local city, if you want some great restaurant choices, shopping and entertainment and only have a couple of nights.
8. Consider a hotel that offers a spa package or a golf package, if that is something that might interest you.
9. If you’re getting married in the spring or fall, consider a hotel on the beach or a hotel in the mountains. Both will be off season and might offer some great values and a might be a bit quieter than during their peak seasons.
10. Make is special-– even if it’s only a couple of nights, a couples massage, romantic dinner or or a cozy fireplace in your room can help make it memorable.
When you’re ready to plan your longer honeymoon, contact My Vacation Lady to help plan your belated honeymoon.
We are the top rated honeymoon specialists located in New Jersey on both Wedding Wire and the Knot!