My Vacation Lady has clients in Iceland right now and they were asking for tips on what to pack for their vacation so we thought we would share some with you. Packing for a Vacation or honeymoon in Iceland is the polar opposite of packing for a tropical vacation.
We’ve collected these tips from clients who have gone to Iceland in the summer and the winter.
Packing Tips for summer vacations to Iceland:
- If you are going in the summer and you are a light sleeper, get an eye mask
- The blankets are wool, down, and warm- so you don’t need heavy PJs.
- The weather is unpredictable. In terms of clothing: Layer, layer, layer, we were cold one minute and it was warm and returned to being cold.
- A wind proof and waterproof jacket is a MUST. A packable down is a great options since it is super warm and takes up little space in your suitcase
- Gloves and a hat (preferably wind proof) and a scarf
- Bring an old bathing suit for the Blue Lagoon. The sulfur smell might not come out of your suit, so you may want to leave it there.
- Sunscreen- yes, you should still put it on
- Rain gear (even it isn’t raining, it’s nice to have when you’re visiting some of the waterfalls whose mist get really get you pretty wet)
- Study Hiking shoes (and break them in before you go)
- Back pack
- Refillable water bottles
Packing Tips for winter vacations (in addition to the above)
- Wool socks
- Windproof and water proof coats (it can get down to 0 celcius in the winter)
- Hats, gloves and scarfs
- Thermal layers or fleece lined leggings and shirts
- Lip balm
- Bathing suit
- Water proof snow boots
Iceland is a 4 season destination so just dress for the activities and adventure and you should have a great time. Don’t stress over forgetting something. You’ll always be able to pick up necessities in local shops.