With the weather in the teens or below in many parts of the country and snow blanketing the ground, My Vacation Lady has some tips for surviving a winter honeymoon.
- Take a nonstop flight.
- If you can’t take a nonstop flight, allow a longer connection time that you might typically allow. We recommend a minimum of 2-3 hours. It takes a while to de-ice planes.
- If you are taking a connecting flight, try to avoid a connection in cities likes Chicago, Denver, Salt Lake City, Detroit, Minneapolis, New York. These cities may get more snow than Charlotte, Phoenix, Miami, Houston or Dallas.
- Remember to pack socks and a sweater, etc for your return to the cold weather.
- Purchase travel insurance that will allow you to cancel for any reason OR will allow you to cancel your entire honeymoon is your outbound flight is delayed or cancelled due to inclement weather. Also, make sure that the travel insurance will assist with additional out of pocket costs if your return flight is cancelled or delayed due to the inclement weather.
- Pack a sense of humor. If your dream honeymoon is delayed or cancelled due to a blizzard, you’ll want to be able to laugh about this in years to come 🙂
My Vacation Lady is the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey according to the brides on Wedding Wire and the Knot. Our experienced team of honeymoon specialist can help your honeymoon dreams become reality!