At My Vacation Lady, none of our honeymoon clients are just average– they are all VIP’s to us and each honeymoon that we design is as unique as our couples are.
Here are some facts about the average honeymoon couple according to a 2019 article on tripsavvy.com
Average Honeymoon Length and Other Statistics
- Estimated number of honeymooners: 1.4 million U.S. couples per year.
- Among couples who choose a traditional wedding, 99 percent will take a honeymoon.
- On average, the honeymoon is booked 4 months prior to the wedding.
- The length of an average honeymoon is eight days.
- Couples spend an average of $4,466 on their honeymoon. That’s three times as much as the average U.S. adult spends on a vacation.
- Luxury honeymooners, which account for 15% of the market, spend an average of $9,954 and vacation for 11 days.
- The average honeymoon will cost 14 percent of the wedding budget.
- 10 percent of newlyweds go on a cruise to celebrate their honeymoon.
- Most popular US honeymoon destinations: Hawaii, Florida, California, Nevada.
- Most popular overseas destinations: Mexico, Jamaica, the Bahamas, Italy, St. Lucia, France, US Virgin Islands.
- Most popular luxury honeymoon destinations: Europe, Caribbean, Hawaii, South Pacific.
- 80% of honeymooners in the last 5 years used social media to research their destinations.
- 48% of honeymooners visit Facebook while away.
- 57 percent of same-sex couples take a honeymoon after their ceremony (the majority who do—65 percent—are lesbians)
- Hawaii is the favored destination for both gay and straight honeymoon couples.
You can read the full article here
As we said, all of our honeymooners are special and My Vacation Lady goes out of our way to make sure your honeymoon is the most memorable it can be. We won’t just book your honeymoon or let you book it online, we’ll customize your honeymoon to match your dreams and budget.
This is what Derek and Christina from NJ said about My Vacation Lady:
Our honeymoon was wonderful!! Thank you for finding the type of resort we wanted …it was everything we hoped for and more!! And so beautiful too! My Vacation Lady did a wonderful job helping us pick the destination for our honeymoon and then planning it! The planning process was stress-free and Mindy was so helpful. She is quick to respond to emails and genuinely cares. Thank you!!!
We won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special but we are the right honeymoon specialists to make it special.