This year, due to Covid 19
- 10% of our honeymooners were able to take their honeymoons before the lockdowns began in March
- 70% of our honeymoons have had to postpone or cancel their honeymoons
- 5% rescheduled from the spring to the fall of 2020 and we might have to move them again due to tourism protocol and borders being closed to Americans
- 10% have already rescheduled for 2021 while dozens of others are waiting for pricing to become available for next year.
- the remaining 5% of the honeymoons booked are still waiting to see what happens in the fall.
- Others have put a stop to the honeymoon planning due to the uncertain travel situation.
While some are or were able to get married, many of our honeymooners have also had to postpone their wedding receptions. Not all couples want to take their honeymoons before the weddings but after this year, we certainly wouldn’t blame them.
According to a survey from a honeymoon registry company, only 7% of the couples who responded were taking their honeymoon as originally planned. Some are changing from international destinations to domestic locations. Others are postponing their honeymoons.
Planning a wedding is stressful enough but planning the same wedding and honeymoon twice is even more stressful. We have been lucky to work with wonderful couples who have been patient with us while postponing and making changes to their honeymoons.
This is what Dana had to say when her April Bali honeymoon had to be postponed:
My Vacation Lady Saved the Day!
Unfortunately, my wedding and honeymoon to Bali had to be rescheduled due to the Coronavirus. Mindy was able to reschedule the whole trip within a few emails! It was so easy and stress free. My fiance and I would have had no idea how to handle this on our own! After dealing with the stress and disappointment of the whole situation, this is one thing we did not have to worry about.
Throughout the whole planning process, Mindy was so helpful and always available to answer any questions we had. She truly got us our dream honeymoon.. now we just have to wait!
Reach out to My Vacation Lady to see how our personal approach to honeymoon planning will make all the difference in your honeymoon experience.