Here are some tips from My Vacation Lady to make planning your honeymoon easier.
As a profession travel advisor who specializes in honeymoons, these are the opinions of My Vacation Lady only and not based on medical fact.
- With the surge of the Delta Variant, we have seen numerous travel destinations increase their level of pre-arrival Covid testing and even requiring proof of Covid vaccines. The best tip we can give you now is GET VACCINATED.
- Look at the current Covid protocol for the destination you are thinking about and make sure you can meet the current requirements. If a destination like Mexico is not requiring you to be vaccinated or requiring pre arrival testing now, it might be more open to travel in 2022.
- Be prepared for changes at any time. They are happening all the time now without much lead time.
- Be flexible and realize that your honeymoon dreams may have to look a little different.
- Don’t book non refundable hotels.
- Include a cancel for any reason travel protection plan to cover your honeymoon package.
- Plan for a mini-moon after the wedding and hold off on the big honeymoon until your 1st anniversary
- I would never normally recommend this but hold off a bit in planning. Instead of planning 9 months out, cut it back to 6 months. See what happens in the world of travel over the next couple of months.
- Realize that planning your honeymoon will be harder and require more planning and follow up than ever before.
- Even if you have NEVER used a travel advisor in the past— now is the time to use one. Not all travel advisors are created equally. Not all travel advisors are honeymoon specialists. Hire a honeymoon specialist!
Many of our 2020 honeymooners are finally taking their honeymoons in 2021. We have worked with each couple to change, re-arrange and reschedule their 2020 honeymoons until this year. Yes, some have had to change destinations. Yes, some have had to change their ideas about what their honeymoon may be. Yes, some got vaccinated to travel.
My Vacation Lady is a top rated honeymoon specialist. Don’t leave your honeymoon to chance.