When My Vacation Lady designs a honeymoon for our clients, we like to offer them some unique experiences that they wouldn’t ordinarily have on a regular vacation. The Tahitian Islands (also known as French Polynesia and the most popular are Bora Bora and Moorea) have some really unique experiences that are definitely honeymoon worthy!
What are some Totally Tahitian Honeymoon Experiences?
- Over Water Bungalows– These were first designed in Tahiti and some other destinations have copied them but the Tahitian over water bungalows with the glass floor (Tahitian TV) is a must do on your honeymoon.
- Canoe Breakfast– have your breakfast delivered to you by Outrigger Canoe! Definitely a step up from regular room service.
- Taking a sunset cruise in Bora Bora– you can take a private cruise or a small group sunset cruise but one of the ones that we’ve been recommending to our clients has been the Loveboat Photo Tour. Terry and Tim loved their sunset lover’s cruise and they came home with 100+ pictures from their time on the cruise.
- Dinner at Bloody Mary’s – This popular sand floor restaurant in Bora Bora is another must do. In addition to celebrity sightings, check out the bathrooms. They are really a “work of art” 🙂
- Snorkeling and a Motu BBQ- snorkel in water so clear that the coral gardens seem close enough to touch! After you’re done snorkeling, you’ll dock at a private island where a typical Tahitian barbecue is prepared for you!
- Head up to Belvedere Lookout in Moorea where you’ll see some absolutely beautiful views of Mt Rotui, Cook’s Bay and Opunohu Bay.
- Take an ATV tour in Moorea– This was Liz and Junior’s favorite thing to do in Moorea. They rode to Belvedere Lookout and then stopped at a river to go swimming.
- Swim with Dolphins at the Intercontinental Moorea. There is even a special romance experience where you’ll touch, hug and kiss the dolphins and it includes a traditional welcome lei. Only 3 couples can do take this limited experience.
- Take a ferry between Tahiti and Moorea – you can take a few minute flight but it’s so much more fun to experience the ferry between Tahiti and Moorea.
- Go Out for Dinner- and we really mean OUT. Check out the Roulottes for dinner on the Papeete waterfront. These are Tahiti’s version of the Food Truck and for $10 or so, you’ll get your fill of waffles, crepes, fish and chips, Chinese cuisine, burgers, pizza and so much more. You might be serenaded by a local musican while you are there too. Bring cash because credit cards aren’t accepted here!
French Polynesia is a honeymooners dream destination. My Vacation Lady is a Tahiti Tiare Specialist and we can customize your honeymoon to the Tahitian Islands to fit your dreams and budget.