My Vacation Lady is a boutique host agency located in New Jersey. We are looking for a few good travel professionals who share our passion and commitment to outstanding customer service.
We carefully choose travel advisors to join our team who we know will fit our team culture and who are looking to succeed.
Our agents are from all over the country. Some have left big host agencies to join us because we all help and support each other.
We know that the more each of us succeeds, we as a group succeed. No one gets lost in the crowd. All of our team members are Big Fish in a Small Pond.
Our team will never be large because each and every one of our IC’s are mentored individually, and as a group, to help them grow to their peak potential. In fact, in 2019, our Independent Contractor sold an average of $300,000 in sales each!
- We are looking for experienced independent contractors to join our small (but mighty) agency.
- We will consider PASSIONATE new advisors with a great customer service background.
- We are looking for self-starters, goal driven and business minded candidates who are interested in building THEIR businesses under our mentorship.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have a minimum of 1 + years of experience selling travel
- A proven track record in sales
- A book of business- your own clients
- Be technology savvy
- Have outstanding people skills
- Able to multi-task
- Be Self-motivated and dedicated to follow up on inquiries.
- Familiar with Tour Operators and Cruise Line’s online booking engines
- Familiar with Marketing on Social Media
- Able to qualify clients and to customize vacation, cruise and honeymoon packages.
- Knowledge of creating customized FIT’s to the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe, Asia, South Pacific, Africa, Hawaii (preferred)
- Product knowledge of major resort brands in the Caribbean and Mexico and cruise lines (preferred)
- Desire to continue to learn, share and grow
- Competitive commission (based on experience and sales) with the ability to earn bonus commission.
- Professional email address
- Client Relationship Management Data Base (Vacation CRM)
- Discounted group rates on a Proposal Design System (Travefy- Optional)
- Marketing assistance, including a free web page on our website and your own branded page on a Find an Agent website through Travel Leaders
- Travel Leaders Consortia membership, groups, marketing and more
- One on one mentoring from the owner, a top-rated travel agent (million + $$ seller)
- Leads to qualified agents
- Unlimited ability to grow your own business
- Your clients remain your clients
- Ability to sell to Florida clients ($50 annually)
- California and Iowa Seller of Travel certification included
- Ability to earn IATA cards with $5000 annually in earned commissions.
- Agency only Facebook group to share ideas
- Low fees ($30 monthly – Paid 2 x a year in January and July) to include CRM database, California and Iowa SOT and limited E&O insurance *
*in order to be covered by our E&O insurance, you must not be incorporated or have any IC’s sub agents working with you. It is highly advised that each Independent Contractor have their own Errors and Omissions insurance.
See what some of our team members have said about working with My Vacation Lady:
I started out with a very large, well known host agency. They had great training and that’s what I needed as a new agent. My needs changed and I searched long and hard for a different host that could help me grow my business and I found it in My Vacation Lady. The owner, Mindy, provides solid leads to qualified agents at a generous commission split and tips to close the sale. She also encouraged me to take the plunge and start charging planning fees. She believed in my worth and now so do I! Mindy is always available to answer questions and provide mentoring and so are the other IC’s she hosts. To be clear, I have nothing but good things to say about the large host I started out with, but I’m so happy I made the change.
I am extremely happy with making the switch to a smaller host agency. Agency owner, Mindy, is one-on-one with her agents; answering any question, making suggestions, mentoring and educating. She encourages you to be your own business, have your own identity and form solid relationships with suppliers.
Finding the perfect host is extremely important, so if you’re looking to move and/or would prefer a smaller host, please give Mindy a call.
I couldn’t be happier with my vacation lady! For a small host/team the focus is on each of us to help one another to build our own businesses as well as to work together to assist one another. Our agency owner Mindy, is always available for questions and issues that may arise and goes out of her way to schedule mentoring sessions with each of us. She provides leads to qualified agents as well. Our team is highly motivated and 100% involved. I had no experience when I started, and in one year I have even surprised myself with all I have accomplished.