Families flock to the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico, which is comprised of Cancun, the Riviera Maya and Playa Mujeres, as well as the islands of Cozumel and Isla Mujeres. The all inclusive resorts there provide so much entertainment many people are happy to never leave the resort! But there is so much to see and do in the region.
Here are the top 5 family friendly attractions:
- Río Secreto-Put on a wetsuit and explore the underground river and caves. Near Playa del Carmen, this underground river is like a crystal palace with thousands of dramatic stalactites and stalagmites.
- Uxmal-one of many Mayan ruins in the area, but one of the few that has iguanas as big as crocodiles lounging around.
- Xcaret-one of several eco-parks, this one has a little bit of everything. A river for snorkeling, a dolphin pool and butterfly garden are just a few of the many attractions.
- Wet n’ Wild-if you find yourself at a resort that doesn’t have waterslides, head to Wet n’ Wild for slides with names like Bubba Tub and Double Space Bowl.
- Chankanaab National marine Park is on the island of Cozumel, so the perfect shore excursion if you are on a cruise ship. This lagoon is very calm and has abundant coral and sea life just off shore. It’s the perfect place to introduce the kids to snorkeling.
As the mother of 2 teenagers, she can guide you to some of the best vacation option for your family.