My Vacation Lady has been around a long time and we are busier than we’ve ever been. Every so often, we’ll speak to someone who will ask what we do and they’ll be shocked that my response is that I’m a travel agent. They didn’t know that we existed. Well, we certainly do and for those of us who have been around since before the online travel agencies and the zillions of online hotel booking sites, we’ve evolved to enhance our client’s experience more than they can imagine.
What are some of the top reasons that travel agents are back in demand?
- It’s a scary world out there and with the threat of terrorism, Zika or the financial instability of a country, travel professionals can help sort through your concerns and give you unbiased information about what is best for you.
- Travelers are frustrated and often overwhelmed by online travel agencies. For instance, when you do a search for centrally located 4 star hotels in Copenhagen, there were 3,880.000 results that came up- including “204 Top Rated Copenhagen Hotels” “170 hotels in Copenhagen, lowest price guarantee” “10 best 4 star hotels in Copenhagen”. Where do you even start to sort through all of that? And what is considered centrally located?
- Call center vs. human being that you can call, email or text. Our clients have not be satisfied with the lack of customer service they have received in the past from some of the online travel agencies. When you don’t have problems, they’re fine but if your hotel is over booked, or your tour is cancelled, a travel professional is your advocate.
- Travel professionals are trained in matching you with the right vacation. My Vacation Lady will take the time to get to know you and your interests. With our destination knowledge, we can guide you throughout the planning process toward destinations and resorts that will offer you the experiences that you are looking for. As much as some of the online agencies are talking about artificial intelligence, we talk about our personal knowledge and expertise.
- We save you time. We are working with more and more millennials because they just don’t have the time to sort through the insane amount of options that an online search can bring up. Our honeymooners, in particular, understand that they only have one chance at a first honeymoon and they want to make is perfect. Just as these clients will go to a nail salon vs. doing it themselves, stopping for coffee vs. brewing it themselves and hiring wedding vendors to help with flowers, photos, and more, our clients are reaching out to us, as professionals to help make sure that their honeymoon experience matches their dreams.
If you are looking for the cheapest hotel in Punta Cana or looking for a flight to Miami, you don’t need us. But if you are looking to plan the vacation of a lifetime or a multi stop vacation to France or Asia, a travel professional can be your new best friend.
Contact My Vacation Lady when you’re overwhelmed by the choices and want a pro to guide you to the best vacation or honeymoon.