One of the goals we have, at My Vacation Lady, is to create your honeymoon experience. Anyone can book a flight and a hotel but one of the things that sets us apart and makes us a top rated honeymoon travel agency, is to design a honeymoon around our client’s dreams.
Last week, we started our Honeymoon for Foodies series and talked about Street Food and Food Trucks. This week, we’re going to explore some of the Food Tours that we have offered to our honeymooners. We’re not talking about a multi day group tour that will focus on food of one particular area but how we can add on a fun food experience for a couple of hours during your honeymoon.
What kind of fun food tours are out there?
- How about a Trastevere Food Tour in Rome? In a neighborhood that can be compared to Greenwich Village in NYC or the Left Bank in Paris, you’ll explore the ancient neighborhood while indulging in over 10 food and wine tastings at some of Rome’s most beloved places. You’ll go into a wine cellar, legendary delicatessen and the best gourmet gelato shop in town, and more tasting your way along the tour.
- Taste some of the best pizza that Rome has to offer on a Rome Pizza Walking Tour. You’ll visit family-run bakeries and pizzerias while tasting different toppings and learning about different types of pizza, along the way. Stop for gelato, enjoy a beer and visit the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, in between pizza stops
- As in Rome’s Trastevere quarter, the Paris arrondisment of Montmartre is the perfect spot for a Taste of Montmartre. You’ll visit a patisserie, a cheese shop, a classic chocolaterie and a boulangerie to sample some of Paris’ best pastries, fromages, mouthwatering chocolates and breads.
- Or take a Gourmet French Food walking tour! During your 3 hours walking tour, you can choose from a morning tour of the Latin Quarter or an afternoon tour of the Montmartre neighborhood. You’ll stop at several bakeries, specialty food shops and local markets with tasting along the way.
- Eat Like a Local and sample Hawaiian cuisine in some of the local “hole in the wall” places that are the favorites of the locals.
- For a special treat, take an Aloha Plate Food Tour, led by one of the winners of the Food Network’s Great Food Truck Race. You’ll visit local eateries on this walking tour. You’ll experience the local real food and flavors of Hawaii on this 5 hour walking tour.
- In July, honeymooners George and Christine will be sampling food in the St-Roch neighborhood of Quebec City during their St-Roch Neighborhood Food Tour. They’ll stop in 6 different eateries to try some regional specialties like poutine (classic comfort food) to cheeses, chocolates and even a stop in a vegan bistro and micro brewery.
- Take a private Gourmet Food Walking Tour as you walk with your guide through Monastiraki Square and Varvakios Agora (city market) sampling Athens finest street food along the way. You’ll get to feast on traditional Greek specialties during your 4 hour tour.
- Take a culinary road trip, visiting 5 restaurants on both the Dutch and French side of St Maarten on a Flavors of St Martin Food Tour. You’ll get to relax in these hidden spots that are local favorites.
Have we made you hungry for more options? We hope so. Contact My Vacation Lady and see how our personal approach to honeymoon planning can make a huge difference in your honeymoon experience.