Many times, the team at My Vacation Lady will get requests for family vacations at all inclusive resorts or on cruises, because they’re easy to find something for everyone to enjoy. Occasionally, we’ll get the family that is up for an adventure. They don’t want the cruises or typical all inclusive. These are the fun ones for us to plan since the team at My Vacation Lady is always up for an adventure!
Here are 5 family friendly adventure destinations that are relatively easy to get to and won’t break the bank.
- Costa Rica– With everything from ziplining, hiking volcanoes, seeing wildlife and snorkeling, Costa Rica can hit most adventures your family may like. Recommended for tweens and teens. While younger kids may love Costa Rica as well, there may be size restrictions on some of the activities like ziplining.
- Iceland– While Iceland is not cheap once you actually get there, there are some well priced flights from the U.S. Hiking, waterfalls, glaciers, snow mobiles, horseback riding, whale watching and so much more. Recommended for teens and tweens
- Western Canada– British Columbia and Alberta. We recently met a new company based in Northern British Columbia that has some fabulous family friendly tours that I can’t wait for my clients to experience. From mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, jet boating, horseback riding, skiing, and snow boarding, this area is an adventurer’s dream location. I would say that younger kids (even as young as 5 or 6) would be able to have fun on a vacation here.
- Alaska– the most economical to explore Alaska would be on a cruise but getting to the interior of the state is even better. Hiking, kayaking, helicopter tours to glaciers, seeing wildlife, zip lining, white water rafting as just a small part to the adventures that you can find in Alaska. One of my client’s family favorites is to go dog sledding. Even younger kids will be able to enjoy Alaska’s adventures.
- Belize– with the jungle and the beach all within a short distance, Belize is another family friendly adventure destination. Some of the family friendly activities include, cave tubing, horseback riding, zip lining, snorkeling, hiking, visiting Mayan Ruins, sailing, fishing, seeing wildlife, and more. Kids of most ages would enjoy Belize.
So if your family vacation is to relax on the beach or climb a volcano, the team at My Vacation Lady can help plan your family vacation!