You only get one change at a 1st honeymoon so you want it to be perfect.
We’ve heard or so many couples that plan for too much or too little relaxation that their honeymoon dream actually turns into a honeymoon they want to redo.
Consider these scenarios:
You know that you’ll be completely stressed out after the wedding so you plan a honeymoon where you can relax completely and be completely secluded. This sounds great until reality sets in—you’re BORED.
OR, you want to experience as much as you can in your 2 week honeymoon in Europe (or Australia or Southeast Asia or South Africa) and are moving every couple of days to a new city. The problem is that you have to fly between cities and each time you fly, you are wasting 1/2 day of your time in the city. You realized that instead of SEEING and EXPERIENCING the city, you are spending more time than anticipated in airports.
Mistakes like these and many others can happen to any couple.
According to an article in U.S.News, these are the top 8 honeymoon mistakes:
- Not planning early enough
- Traveling too quickly after the wedding
- Planning for the wrong time of year (crowds, weather, pricing)
- Not considering all of the extra expenses in your honeymoon budget
- Overlooking destinations that might offer better values
- Skipping Travel Insurance
- Not reading the fine print of what may or may not be included
- Neglecting to choose a reputable honeymoon specialist (this of course is my favorite)
My Vacation Lady is the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey on both Wedding Wire and the Knot. We take the time to get to know our honeymoon couples so that we can envision their honeymoon dreams and help them plan the the right honeymoon for them- not the honeymoon that no one wants to talk about.
Contact My Vacation Lady for your personal honeymoon consultation.