If your idea of a fun day out is a strenuous hike, then Oahu may be a great destination for you.
Every year, the readers of Hawaii Magazine offer their picks for the 2020 Readers Choice Awards and these were voted as the 5 Best Expert Hiking Trails in Oahu.
Don’t take the word Expert lightly. Some of these are for those who don’t have fears of heights, rope assisted rock climbs and are adrenaline junkies. You’ll need to be in great physical shape and hiking boots would be recommended. Bring lots of water and make sure your phone is fully charged.
5 Best Expert Hikes in Oahu
1. Koko Crater Trail – your stair master work out for the day with over 1000 steps to the top
2. Moanalua Middle Ridge- sweeping views of southern Oahu on this 10+ mile round trip hike
3. Kuliʻouʻou Ridge Trail- a 5 mile round trip hike with some fabulous views of the ocean. Steep stairs at the summit will give you great views of Waimanalo and Hawaii Kai.
4. Kalauao Falls Loop Trail- will take you to a hidden waterfall. Hike it a few days after a heavy rainfall for the waterfall to be flowing
5. Olomana Trail- known as the 3 peaks. Each gets progressively harder
If you’re not into expert hikes, My Vacation Lady can share some of our faves- much less strenuous but still great views.
Let My Vacation Lady share our happy place with you and help plan your Hawaii vacation or honeymoon!