I’ll admit it. Many of My Vacation Lady’s honeymooner don’t want to spend their entire honeymoon in Oahu. They want to island hop and visit Maui and Kauai and maybe the Big Island. And that’s OK if you have the time and budget. But in 2023, with prices at an all time high and room availability at an all time low, we want to show you that you can have a fabulous honeymoon for a week or more- just in Oahu!
In November 2022, Mr and Mrs My Vacation Lady spent 10 days in Oahu, split among 3 different hotels- Waikiki, the North Shore and then back to Waikiki. We also visited about a dozen more and came up with 3 that are among my FAVE honeymoon hotels or resorts in Oahu. I have LOTS of hotels and resorts that I recommend to my honeymooners and a lot is based on their interests, the amount of time they have, what’s most important to them and their budget.
#1 hotel is based on price and location. This hotel is the Alohilani- a relative newcomer the Waikiki.
The Alohilani wasn’t a new build but rather a completely renovated hotel on the quiet side of Waikiki across from Kuhio Beach.
What I LOVE
- The views from the ocean view and ocean front rooms
- Their smoking hot pool deck (one of the most instagrammable pix in Waikiki) with nightly light shows and fire pits
- Longboards- their concierge lounge/club which offers breakfast and evening hors d’ourves and a pasta station with free wine and beer on tap. YES FREE wine and beer from 4-8pm every evening when you book their Longboard’s package
#2 hotel is based on location and ROMANCE- Turtle Bay Beach Resort on the North Shore
We stayed here for 3 nights and wish we stayed for more. While this is a family friendly hotel (as are all in Oahu), they have a great adult only pool that we really enjoyed.
What I LOVE
- The quiet location with views of the ocean from almost every room
- The Ocean Bungalows that are separated from the main hotel (about a 5 minute walk) and are super romantic. They have their own pool and separate concierge. My honeymooners LOVE this property
- The adventures and activities – horseback riding- where you can ride along the beach, hiking, surfing, snorkeling and so much more.
- Location- 20 minutes to Haliewa town, 10 minutes to the shrimp trucks, 20 minutes to the Polynesian Cultural Center.
#3 hotel is based on service, luxury and location- Four Seasons Oahu at Ko’Olina
We visited this property but certainly wish we stayed there.
What I LOVE
- It’s in the Ko’Olina area on a calmer swimming lagoon
- It has HUGE rooms with fabulous bathrooms. The ocean view and higher rooms have fabulous views
- The service is superb – well it is a Four Seasons!
- If you stay for 4 or more nites, many times the 4th nite will be FREE
Of course, these are not the only resorts and hotels I recommend to my honeymoon couples but if you want a bit of a WOW, these might hit the spot.
Every honeymoon we design is designed around your dreams and budget so no 2 honeymoons will be exactly alike.
Don’t you deserve the best for your honeymoon?
My Vacation Lady is a top rated honeymoon specialist and a Hawaii Destination Specialist!