With the cost of a wedding held in a reception or catering hall running $25,000 or more, many engaged couples are looking toward destination weddings.
What is a destination wedding?
A destination wedding, simply put, is a combination of the wedding ceremony and the honeymoon.
Where do destination weddings take place?
Destination weddings can take almost place anywhere in the world. In 1999, Jamaica was named the #1 destination wedding location. Hawaii topped the list in 2005. Some other popular destination wedding locations are:
- The Caribbean, including the Virgin Islands and the Bahamas
- Cruise ships
- Las Vegas
What are the benefits of a destination wedding?
- Rather than spending thousands on an elaborate wedding and reception, couples can choose a small wedding at their honeymoon locations and spend more on the honeymoon itself.
- Since wedding consultants and/or on-site wedding coordinators take care of all the details, destination weddings can alleviate stress.
- Most home based weddings take a year or more to plan but destination weddings can be organized in much less time. This is perfect for couples who want to get married quickly.
- If couples have moved away from their hometowns, or if friends and family live all over the country, most guests will have to travel to the wedding. Why not give the guests the opportunity to make a vacation out of the trip?
- A destination wedding gives the couple a change to relax and have fun with their wedding guests.
- For couples with children, a destination wedding will ensure that the kids will have fun too, since many destination weddings are held in resorts or ships that have children’s programs.
There is nothing more romantic than getting married amid a beautiful setting, such as on a white sand beach, before a gorgeous waterfall, in a lush Hawaiian garden, on a hill top in Santorini, Greece or in a European Castle.
Free Weddings are offered at many all inclusive resorts, such as:
- Azul Resorts
- Beaches Resorts
- Breezes Resorts
- Couples Resorts
- Dreams Resorts
- El Dorado Spa Resorts
- Excellence Resorts
- Sandals Resorts
- Secrets Resorts
- And more…
Each of these resorts may have a minimum # of nights stay or a certain
category of room that you must book to qualify for the Free Weddings
We can help make your wedding dreams come true!
Have A Question? We’re Here To Help!
Take the stress out of destination wedding planning. Let My Vacation Lady help plan a memorable trip for you. Call now (732) 418-0819 or or send us an email.