What could be more relaxing than a beachfront resort with beautiful palm trees swaying in the breeze? Can you picture yourself on a lounge chair with a drink in your hand?
Or how does zip lining through the tree tops or taking an ATV tour or kayaking, snorkeling or scuba diving in crystal blue waters sound to you? How about snorkeling in an underground river?
Whatever you want to do or don’t want to do, there is likely a tropical destination that will fit the bill.
The most popular island destinations are in the Caribbean where you will find some of the most fabulous beaches in the world. Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman or Jamaica, Palm Beach in Aruba, the Crane Beach in Barbados, Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda (although not technically the Caribbean) and Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana are renowned for their powdery sand and turquoise waters. The Caribbean is typically known for its calm seas but where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean (like on the north side of Barbados) you can find some good surfing, too.
One of the most popular way to get great value for your island getaway is to go “all inclusive”.
Here is some info on All Inclusive resorts:
Back in 1950, a Belgium water polo champion opened the first Club Med in Mallorca, Spain and launched the beginning of all inclusive resorts. Although the first accommodations were unlit straw huts on the beach with communal facilities, all inclusive resorts have come a long way in the 50 years since they were introduced.
Resorts now range from 5 star deluxe properties with gorgeous suites, marble baths, in room Jacuzzis, multiple choices in dining and more or they can be basic properties with standard rooms offering dining in a limited number of restaurants. All-inclusive resorts are becoming increasingly popular with vacationers worldwide.
The term ALL INCLUSIVE is often used at a resort where you pay a fixed price to include many of the following:
- Meals and Snacks
- Beverages, both alcoholic and non alcoholic
- Water sports available at resort
- Other resorts entertainment facilities
- All taxes and tips
Your upfront cost is set and your out of pocket expenses are limited which makes this a great option for vacationers. Some of the all inclusive resorts might include discounts on spa treatments and golf. Others may include more in terms of water sports and day time activities. Some resorts may include only domestic liquor with an additional charge for certain wines and premium liquor and some may have limits on dining in certain restaurants. I can certainly help you figure out which resort offers what you are looking for in your vacation.
In order to recommend the best property for you, we may ask our clients a number of questions.
- Who will you be traveling with?
- Are you looking for an adults only property?
- Are you looking for a moderate property or more deluxe property?
- Do you want a beach front or ocean view room or are you ok with the room being a short walk to the beach?
- Do you prefer to have a sit down (a la carte) dinner or do you prefer to eat buffet style?
- How far from the airport do you want to be?
- Are you more of a beach person or a pool person?
- How important is a casino, or a spa, or golf?
- Would you prefer a large property with lots of pools and lots to do during the day or do you prefer a smaller, more intimate property?
- What kind of atmosphere do you want- active, quiet, fun, romantic?
- Do you have a budget in mind?
With the answers to questions like these and many more, we can help recommend resorts that might work for you and help your dream vacation become reality.
Just some examples of adults only all inclusive properties:
- Sandals resorts
- Couples resorts
- Secrets resorts
- Excellence resorts
- Iberostar Grand resorts
- El Dorado resorts
- Grand Lido/Breezes/Hedonism resorts
Some of the all inclusive resorts that are family friendly include:
- Iberostar resorts
- Dreams resorts
- Azul resorts
- Riu resorts
- Beaches resorts
- Occidental resorts
- Barcelo resorts
- Gran Bahia resorts
- Sunset resorts
- Palace resorts
Are you confused yet? It can be, so call the team at My Vacation Lady and we can help recommend the best options for your island getaway!