Please share with a friend:
In 2012, the Riviera Maya was My Vacation Lady’s #2 most popular honeymoon destinations after Hawaii. For those couples who want a tropical honeymoon with great beaches, fabulous resorts (including many adult only, all inclusive resorts), with lots to do other than just relaxing on the beach and that isn’t too long a flight, the Riviera Maya fits the bill in so many ways.
What makes the Riviera Maya such a great place to go for your honeymoon?
- The beaches– crystal clear water, white sand beaches
- The resorts- great adult only all inclusive resorts are located in the Riviera Maya. Excellence, Secrets, El Dorado and Iberostar Grand are just a few. There are many others as well.
- Resorts come in all sizes from less than 100 rooms to those over 1000. The choice is yours.
- Short flights- from the NY/NJ area, the Cancun airport is only 4 1/2 hours away, 3 1/2 hours from Washington DC and less than 2 from Miami.
- Lots of activities are available including swimming with dolphins, zip lining, ATV tours, deep sea fishing, horseback riding, golf and so much more.
- There are great water sports including snorkeling in the ocean or in the underground rivers (cenotes) and scuba diving. The coral reef barrier is only 2nd in size to the Great Barrier Reef off Australia.
- There are Mayan ruins, underground rivers and natural “amusement” parks.
- The town of Playa del Carmen is a great place to some shopping and bar hopping.
- Pamper yourself with great spas and enjoy honeymoon amenities, like beachfront dinners.
- VALUE- the Riviera Maya is going to give you great value for your honeymoon budget.
When you consider all of the places you can go for your honeymoon, don’t pass over the Riviera Maya because it’s so close. It may be the honeymoon destination of your dreams!
My Vacation Lady has been awarded Wedding Wire’s Brides Choice Award for the 3rd consecutive year in a row. We take pride in our personalized approach to honeymoon planning and will customize a honeymoon around your dreams and budget.
Contact My Vacation Lady to set up your honeymoon consultation and we know you’ll agree that we aren’t your typical travel agent.