The highly awaited movie Jurassic World opens in theaters today and what better way to showcase some fabulous scenery in the Hawaiian Islands!
The movie, starring Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard was filmed in both Oahu and Kauai from April through June of last year.
Check out some of the movie filming sites:
- Kualoa Ranch in Oahu was used to film the valley where a dinosaur stampede forced Dr Grant and the kids under a log in Jurassic Park (the first movie). It is rumored to be another major setting for Jurassic World
- Other rumored Oahu spots to have been used in the movie have been:
- the 150 foot waterfalls at Manoa Falls
- The Hawaii Convention Center
- Some of Honolulu Zoo’s animal enclosures
- In Kauai, the iconic waterfall used in the first movie (now nicknamed Jurassic Falls- but really known as Manawaiopuna Falls in in Kauai’s Hanapepe Valley and is expected to appear in Jurassic World as well
- There should also be some shots of the town of Lawai and spots in the Olokele Valley
While most movie watchers will be watching the dinosaurs, My Vacation Lady will be watching the scenery. As a Hawaii Destination Specialist, My Vacation Lady can help your Hawaii vacation or Hawaii honeymoon dreams become reality.