Please share with a friend:
With so many couples getting engaged between Christmas and Valentine’s Day, this is a crazy season in the wedding and honeymoon planning business.
As the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey, My Vacation Lady is already busy planning lots and lots of honeymoons for our client who have been engaged for a while and we’re anticipating January and February to be even busier with newly engaged couples.
We often get asked for some tips to offer engaged couples who are looking to plan a special honeymoon.
Here are our top tips about honeymoon planning:
- Talk to each other about what you both want to experience on your honeymoon.
- Consider destinations that neither of you have been to and may not have a chance to visit again.
- Figure out how much time off you can take from work for the wedding and the honeymoon.
- Decide on whether you want to leave shortly after the wedding or if you need to wait a few weeks or months based on other obligations. Give yourself a day or 2 after the wedding before departing on your honeymoon.
- Think about what you realistically feel comfortable spending for your honeymoon and don’t forget to include the extras that you might not have considered like meals, excursions, transfers, travel insurance.
- Make sure your passports are still valid and if you need to renew or apply for new ones, do it way in advance of even planning the honeymoon.
- Realize that your friend’s honeymoon, your sister’s honeymoon and your co-worker’s honeymoon may NOT be the best honeymoon for you.
- Don’t be fooled by pretty pictures of resorts from their websites and don’t drive yourself crazy reading hotel reviews on consumer websites. Did you realize that some of them are actually paid for by the resorts or the resort’s competitors?
- Book your honeymoon as early as possible to make sure that you get the best pricing and availability
- Book your honeymoon with a honeymoon specialist that you feel comfortable with- one who will spend the time talking to you about your likes and dislikes, your dreams and will really get to know you, like My Vacation Lady.
We have been helping engaged couples plan their dream honeymoons since 1994. We take the PERSONAL approach to honeymoon planning. We get to know YOU before we make any recommendations and we want you to be completely involved in planning your honeymoon so we’ll give you options and choices for you to consider.
Your honeymoon should be the most special vacation that you take as a couple. Don’t you deserve the best in personal service?