It’s the beginning of July and we’re still getting just as many calls from honeymooners to plan their September and October honeymoons as we are for couples who are anxious to plan their spring, summer and fall 2018 honeymoons.
Most of the how to plan your wedding books will tell you to plan your honeymoon about 3-6 months out. My Vacation Lady suggests 6-9 months.
5 reasons why you should book your honeymoon at least 6 months ahead:
- You will get the best availability in flights and seats. If the one non stop flight a day to Aruba or Honolulu or Jamaica or Paris or Rome is booked up, the airlines aren’t going to add another just because you want to go to that destination on that specific day.
- If you are looking for something unique and boutique-y and romantic, you might not be the only ones. Think boutique and think small. If a 26 room hotel only has 26 rooms, they won’t build a 27th because you are booking later than the other 26 couples.
- Hotels want you to book early and they may entice you with an early booking discount. Early booking discounts can amount to significant savings.
- You can pay off your honeymoon slowly rather than having to pay for it all at once.
- Look how much longer you can brag to your friends and family about where you are going for your honeymoon!
All kidding aside, the earlier you can book your honeymoon, the better the chances are that you will get the flights, resort, room category or itinerary that you want.
We hate when we have to disappoint clients by telling them that there were no rooms left at the resort in Positano for October that they heard such great things about for their honeymoon. Last month, we were called by a couple trying to book hotels in Mykonos and Santorini for July- they already booked their flights. Unfortunately, we couldn’t get them the type of property that they wanted in the price point that they wanted. We could have if they called us in January. We are seeing such tight availability at adult only all inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya for October— all of our favorite room categories at our favorite hotels were already sold out.
Your honeymoon is likely the most important vacation of your lives.
My Vacation Lady has been helping honeymooners create their dream honeymoon experience since 1994 and we are busier than ever. . Let us help you create your dream honeymoon- by calling us early enough to offer you the best, not what’s left.